Action-Track 100 (Beynon BSS 50)
Copeland Coating Company Inc. is a licensed installer of the Beynon BSS 50 (An equal to the Action-Track 100 black)
Our ACTION-TRACK 100 system is installed in a single (1) phase, by mechanical paver. A unique blend of single component polyurethane binder and black SBR or colored EPDM rubber granules.
ACTION-TRACK 100 (SBR/Black) is the most economical polyurethane surface available making it an excellent choice for schools and municipalities seeking the advantages of polyurethane on a limited budget.
Resilient: Retains resiliency over wide range of temperatures
Fast and Safe: Greater energy return for speed – consistent shock absorption for safe, injury free training.
Durable: Water drains through surface eliminating slick spots. System “breathes” to allow moisture to escape. Tailored to provide friction in all conditions.
Black or Color-in-Depth: Black most economical Full depth color available at additional cost.
Renewable: Can be repaired and/or resurfaced utilizing our TRACTION TOP surfacing system. Site assessments, budget quotes and resurfacing specifications available upon request.
ACTION-TRACK® 100 Resilient Urethane Track Surface
The intent of this specification is to provide a guideline for the improvement of a previously prepared sound, bituminous concrete sub-base. Action-Track 100 is a mixture of uniformly graded black SBR rubber granules bound with 100% polyurethane binder. This system is a porous all weather surface, extremely durable, resilient and self-healing.
The work covered by this specification consists of furnishing all labor, equipment, materials and performance of all operations in connection with the installation of the surface on track and field events.
- Polyurethane Primer
- Black SBR Rubber Base Mat Granulate, 1 to 3mm or 1 to 4mm rubber containing no dust
- 100% Polyurethane Base Mat Binding Agent tinted to match color of base mat rubber granules
- Polyurethane Line Marking Paint
4. Surface Preparation:
- After a suitable soil sterilant, a recommended bottom course shall consist of 4″ to 8″ of compacted crushed stone, gravel or other suitable aggregate over a firm, stable and frost free sub-grade which has been brought to proper contour and elevation in strict accordance with drawings and/or specifications and compacted to 95% density.
- A binder-leveling course of an open textured bituminous concrete (maximum stone size of 3/4″) is laid upon the prepared bottom course to a compacted thickness of 1.5″.
- The wearing (top) bituminous concrete course consists of 3/8″ maximum aggregate to a thickness of 1″ compacted.
5. Planarity and Slope:
Before application of the surface course the receiving surface should be checked for proper planarity and slope. All corrective work shall be performed to provide a safe, functional and well draining surface. For cross slope and inclination tolerances please refer to the appropriate governing body (NFSHA, NCAA, IAAF)
- Following inspection of asphalt base and required curing time, the entire area to be surfaced shall be thoroughly cleaned, removing any foreign and loose material.
- Polyurethane Primer shall be applied to the entire surface area uniformly at a rate of not less than .3 pounds per square yard. Allow a minimum of thirty minutes curing time before the application of the base mat material.
- The base mat shall consist of an 18 – 23% range Polyurethane Base Mat Binding Agent and 77 – 82% range Black SBR Rubber Base Mat Granulate as described above. This mixture is prepared in a mechanical mixer which is clean and the base mat is applied with a mechanically operated screed machine which has an electrically heated screed. All joint work shall be flush with the adjacent mat. Joints which have cured shall have their edges primed with Polyurethane Primer.
7. Minimum Physical Properties of Surface:
- Thickness: 13mm or as specified by architect or engineer
- Hardness (ASTM D2240): Shore A @ 70EF – 50 to 60 @ 140EF – 45 to 55 @ 35EF – 55 to 65
- Elongation (ASTM D412): 95%
- Tensile Strength (ASTM D412): 200 psi @ 70EF over a 24 hour period
- Abrasion Resistance (ASTM D501): 0.25 to 0.425 grams loss after 1000 cycles
- Chalking (ASTM D822): No change after 1000 hours in weatherometer
- Coefficient of Friction (ASTM D1894): Dry – 0.70 to 0.7 Wet – 0.80 to 0.95
- Resilience (ASTM D2632): 37 to 44%
- Tear Resistance (ASTM D624): 50 to 75 psi
8. Line Marking:
The measurement and marking of lines and events shall be performed according to the recommendations of Copeland Coating Company Incorporated and/or in accordance with the appropriate governing body (ie. NFHSA, NCAA, IAAF).
The line marking paints used shall be compatible with the polyurethane surface as recommended by Copeland Coating Co., Inc
9. COLORS AVAILABLE:
Black: Most economical.
Color-in-Depth: See Action-Track 100 FULL DEPTH COLOR